Presumed death toll in London tower blaze rises to 79

on Jun19

Fire fighters drench the burning 24-storey residential Grenfell Tower block on June 14, 2017 in London, England.

Carl Court | Getty Images

Fire fighters drench the burning 24-storey residential Grenfell Tower block on June 14, 2017 in London, England.

London police said 79 people were dead or missing presumed dead after a devastating tower block blaze last week.

London Police Commander Stuart Cundy said the toll from the Grenfell Tower blaze could still change but probably not as much as it had in recent days.

He also said that five people who were reported missing had now been found safe and well.

Follow CNBC International on Twitter and Facebook.



Previous postBabies on board at California dealership Next postMegyn Kelly and NBC News take the gloves off in Alex Jones interview — and now he's mad

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



Los Angeles Financial times


Copyright © 2020 Los Angeles Financial times

Updates via RSS
or Email