Death toll in Kabul mosque attack reaches 28, with more than 50 wounded

on Aug26

The number of people killed in an attack on a Shiite mosque in the Afghan capital during Friday prayers rose to at least 28 — up from 20 — including women and children, the chief of Kabul’s hospitals said Saturday.

Mohammad Salim Rasouli said more than 50 others were wounded in the attack a day earlier that went on for hours.

Two assailants blew themselves up and another two were shot to death by Afghan security forces, according to police official Mohammed Sadique Muradi.

The Islamic State group claimed responsibility for the attack, the latest to target Afghanistan’s minority Shiites. The Taliban condemned the violence, with a spokesman for the militants, Zabihullah Mujahid, telling The Associated Press in a telephone interview that the group had nothing to do with it.



Previous postDelphi thinks it can wean Europe off diesel Next postApple 4k TV, Watch, iPhone 8 launch in September

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



Los Angeles Financial times


Copyright © 2020 Los Angeles Financial times

Updates via RSS
or Email